The 32nd International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD 2024) conference provides a forum for research and developments in the field of information systems. The theme of ISD 2024 is "Harnessing Opportunities: Reshaping ISD in the post-COVID-19 and Generative AI Era".
The post-COVID-19 era has posed significant challenges, not only for software development teams, prompting them to revisit their practices, procedures, and collaboration models, but also for entire organizations, which must undergo cultural, structural, and process transformations to leverage the opportunities presented by hybrid work.
Alongside this shift, recent advancements in the AI ecosystem have given rise to powerful large language models (LLMs), fundamentally reshaping the software profession by reducing the technical expertise required for excellence. Furthermore, generative AI tools have streamlined software development processes by providing valuable assistance across all phases of the software development life cycle.
This year, the conference aims to address a series of emerging questions pertinent to research and practice in the evolving landscape:
- How to sustain performance while working remotely?
- What tools enable high interactivity and cooperation in remote working?
- How to keep people engaged and focused in virtual meetings?
- How to balance flexibility and productivity in a hybrid work setting?
- How to assess productivity in distributed teams?
- How to Foster social cohesion and trust when many employees are working remotely?
- What best serves the well-being of remote employees?
- How can generative AI tools be effectively integrated into software development processes?
- What challenges in the IS field will be addressed by generative AI tools?
- How can generative AI tools be leveraged to support software documentation and knowledge management, making it easier for developers to access and share information?
- What are the security vulnerabilities introduced by generative AI in software systems?
- What are the ethical and legal implications of using generative AI in software development?
- What are the implications of generative AI on the job roles and skillsets required in software development?
The ISD 2024 conference held this year also provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to promote their research and practical experience, as well as to discuss issues related to Information Systems through papers, posters, and journal-first paper presentations.
ISD 2024 will be hosted by the University of Gdańsk on August 26 – 28, 2024.